KEPRO AND LIVANTA IMPORTANT REMINDER
The Quality Improvement Organization (QIO) goal is to complete appeals and quality of care reviews with healthcare providers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
As of October 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires providers to send medical records for appeals and quality of care reviews to Kepro and Livanta electronically.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
This new procedure will allow the review process to be time-efficient and will help avoid any potential errors.
- If you are unable to comply with the electronic submission, you must request a waiver from your QIO
- Use your QIO’s online tool to send records
- Refer to the medical request you received for detailed instructions
- Record requests and submission instructions are emailed to your dedicated contact person
- Be sure to update and verify this contact information via your QIO’s online form
Preferred Therapy Solutions continues to provide its partners with vital information that may impact rehabilitation management, reimbursement policies, and clinical programs, supported with compliance and regulatory requirements that are necessary for a thorough understanding of practices and procedures. If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Blatt, Appeal Management Coordinator at email@example.com.