|LOOK WHAT’S NEW IN TELEMEDICINE|
CMS Expands Medicare Telehealth Coverage for
Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Services
Since March of 2020, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has been expanding the list of telehealth services allowed during the Public Health Emergency (PHE). On Tuesday, March 31st, CMS added additional telehealth services including 24 speech and language pathology/audiology CPT codes. The current PHE declaration is currently scheduled to end on April 21st; however, CMS has noted its intent to extend the PHE through the end of 2021.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The following are the additional CPT codes now included on the temporarily authorized Medicare telehealth services list for use during the COVID-19 pandemic:
Speech-Language Pathology Services
· 92526, Treatment of swallowing dysfunction and/or oral function for feeding
· 92607, Evaluation for prescription for speech-generating augmentative device
· 92608, Evaluation for prescription for speech-generating augmentative device
· 92609, Therapeutic services for the use of speech-generating device
· 92610, Evaluation of oral and pharyngeal swallowing function
· 96105, Assessment of aphasia
· 96125, Standardized cognitive performance testing
· 97129, Therapeutic interventions that focus on cognitive function
· 97130, Therapeutic interventions that focus on cognitive function (each additional 15 minutes)
To view CMS’s updated list of temporary telehealth CPT codes for 2021, please click here.
Preferred Therapy Solutions continues to provide vital information that may impact rehabilitation management, reimbursement policies, and clinical programs, supported with compliance and regulatory requirements that are necessary for a thorough understanding of practices and procedures. If you have any questions, please contact Maria Maggi, Vice President of Quality, Outcomes, and Compliance at email@example.com.